A government school teacher died on Tuesday after two Class 12 students allegedly stabbed him for informing their parents about their acts of indiscipline.
Police said they have identified the two boys and detained them. Officials said there were around 6-7 students at the crime scene.
The incident was reported at Government Boys Senior Secondary School in west Delhi’s Nangloi.
School authorities said Mukesh Kumar, a Hindi teacher, was allegedly attacked with a knife in a school room after an examination on Monday. Kumar, 45, was on ventilator support at the Balaji Action hospital. He succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.
The teacher had rusticated one of the two students for low attendance. Both the students have been apprehended (in pic: the teacher) pic.twitter.com/7TwOw9fCGA
— ANI (@ANI_news) September 27, 2016
Badan Singh, the principal, said the school had rusticated one of the accused for irregular attendance.
“At around 5 pm, when the exams were over, these students went to the room where Kumar was arranging the answer sheets. They attacked him with a knife,” said Singh.
Joint commissioner of police (south west) Deependra Pathak said: “A case has been registered. We have leads and are looking for them.”
Some teachers said students involved in the incident used to threaten them too.
“They threatened shoot us if we took action against them. We are now worried for our lives,” said a teacher.
– एक लड़के ने मुकेश मुक्का मारा और दूसरे ने टीचर पर चाकुओं से कई वार किए।
– इस हमले में मुकेश बुरी तरह घायल होकर जमीन पर गिर पड़े और आरोपी मौके से फरार हो गए।
– मुकेश को गंभीर हालत में हॉस्पिटल में एडमिट कराया गया, जहां देर रात उनकी मौत हो गई।
– टीचर ने कम अटेंडेंस और शरारतों की शिकायत स्टूडेंट्स के पेरेंट्स से की थी।
– मंगलवार को नांगलोई में प्रदर्शन कर रहे टीचर्स ने दिल्ली-अमृतसर हाईवे पर जाम लगाया।
– मुकेश को देखने हॉस्पिटल पहुंचे मनीष सिसोदिया को घेर कर रात को टीचर्स ने नारेबाजी की।