This is surgical strike against people, anarchy everywhere: Mamta Bannerjee

surgicalWe may have ideological differences with CPM but we are ready to work with CPM, Congress, SP, BSP to save the country: Mamata

05:19 PM (IST)

More rush outside banks, Delhi Police deploy more forces

The weekend saw even more rush and chaos outside bank branches and ATMs with cash-strapped people struggling to buy even daily items even as Delhi Police deployed more forces to maintain calm and warned of strict action against those trying to spread rumours on social media. To manage anxious crowds, as many as 3,400 personnel of paramilitary and Delhi Police along with 200 quick reaction teams have been deployed at ATMs and banks across the national capital. In addition to this, RAF jawans were also deployed at certain points to monitor the situation. Senior officers of Delhi Police were also present at important junctions to oversee the security arrangements. “The crowd is more since it’s a weekend and many people have an off today. The crowd is swelling by the hour,” a senior police officer said.

05:15 PM (IST)

This anti-people, anti-poor government has no moral right to continue in power. This is a dictatorship: Mamata Banerjee

04:58 PM (IST)

This is surgical anarchy. Even eminent economists are saying this this demonetisation will not affect black money: WB CM Mamata Banerjee

04:51 PM (IST)

Only 1% people hold black money. Why are the other 99% being harassed for this?

Mamata Banerjee

I personally visited several banks today to listen to tales of hardship of common people

Mamata Banerjee, CM

04:45 PM (IST)

Congress’s Anand Sharma gives suspension on business under rule 267 in RS for discussion on issue of demonetisation on November 16: ANI

04:22 PM (IST)

Long queues at ATMs in Odisha, customers complain of no cash

ATMs that were supposed to bring relief to cash-strapped citizens following the demonetization of higher currency notes, ran dry at most places across Odisha for the second consecutive day on Saturday. Serpentine queues were witnessed outside automated teller machines in the twin city – Bhubaneswar and Cuttack, and angry exchanges ensued as the machines failed to give cash to the people. Chaos reigned as some ATMs did not open at all in the two cities.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *