Youth killed as MRI machine sucks him in at hospital

accidentMumbai: A man got sucked into an MRI machine at a Mumbai hospital and died minutes after he walked into the room carrying an oxygen cylinder. The family says it was a case of massive negligence, since the machine was turned on when it was supposed to be switched off and a ward boy, attached to the MRI section, had assured them it was safe to go inside.
Any object containing metal – including jewellery, clothing with metallic fibers, zippers, buttons, underwire and even medical implants – aren’t allowed inside the MRI room.
The shocking incident occurred on Saturday evening, when Rajesh Maru, 32, was attending to an elderly relative, who had come for an MRI scan at the BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. The family says the ward boy had asked Mr Maru to take the cylinder inside.
“When we told him that metallic things aren’t allowed inside an MRI room, he said ‘sab chalta hai, hamara roz ka kaam hai’ (it’s fine, we do it every day). He also said that the machine was switched off. The doctor as well as the technician didn’t say anything,” said Mr Maru’s relative Harish Solanki, whose mother was the patient.
“As soon as Rajesh entered with the cylinder, it turned out that the machine was on,” Mr Solanki said. The metal in the cylinder activated the machine’s monstrous magnetic field, pulling in both the man and the cylinder with great force, eyewitnesses said. His hand got stuck in the machine along with the cylinder, triggering a massive oxygen leak.
Mr Solanki and the ward boys managed to pull him out of the machine but his body was swollen and he was bleeding heavily. He was rushed to the emergency ward where he died within 10 minutes.
“It’s because of their carelessness that Rajesh died,” Mr Solanki said, blaming the staff for negligence and demanding action against the erring doctor and ward boy.
Local BJP lawmaker MP Lodha has demanded compensation and stern action against those responsible for Mr Maru’s death.
A police case has been registered against Dr Siddhant Shah, ward boy Vitthal Chavan and ward attendant Sunita Surve for causing death by negligence. Dr Siddhant Shah and ward boy Vitthal Chavan have been arrested. The hospital is conducting an inquiry and action will be taken, said Dean Dr Ramesh Bharmal.

MRI रूम में ऑक्सीजन सिलेंडर लेकर गए शख्स की मशीन में फंसकर मौत, 3 अरेस्ट
मुंबई के एक हॉस्पिटल में स्टाफ की लापरवाही से युवक की मौत हो गई।
मुंबई. यहां बीवाईएल नायर चैरिटेबल हॉस्पिटल में शनिवार को MRI मशीन में फंसकर एक 32 साल के युवक की मौत हो गई। हादसे के पीछे हॉस्पिटल स्टाफ की लापरवाही की बात सामने आई है। युवक का नाम राजेश मारू बताया गया है। वो हाॅस्पिटल अपने एक रिश्तेदार की MRI कराने आया था। रिश्तेदारों के मुताबिक, MRI से पहले वॉर्डबॉय ने उससे ऑक्सीजन सिलेंडर MRI रूम के अंदर पहुंचाने के लिए कहा था। जैसे ही युवक सिलेंडर लेकर रूम के अंदर घुसा मशीन की मैग्नेटिक फील्ड ने उसे खींच लिया। तेज दबाव के चलते सिलेंडर फटने से पूरी ऑक्सीजन शख्स के अंदर ही भर गई और कुछ ही मिनटों में उसकी मौत हो गई। इस मामले में पुलिस ने तीन लोगों को अरेस्ट कर लिया है।

आॅन थी MRI मशीन
– युवक के रिश्तेदारों ने बताया कि वॉर्डबॉय रवि से ऑक्सीजन सिलेंडर MRI रूम के अंदर ले जाने के लिए कहा। हालांकि, जब उन्होंने इसपर सवाल उठाए तो वॉर्डबॉय ने कहा कि मशीन बंद है और यहां ऐसे ही काम होता है।
– जैसे ही शख्स सिलेंडर लेकर रूम के अंदर गया मशीन की तेज फील्ड ने उसे खींच लिया। सिलेंडर फटने की वजह से पूरी ऑक्सीजन युवक के शरीर में भर गई और वो फूल गया।
– डॉक्टरों ने उसे आनन-फानन में इमरजेंसी रूम पहुंचाया, जहां 10 मिनट के अंदर ही उसने दम तोड़ दिया।

MRI रूम में मेटल ले जाने पर है पाबंदी
– बता दें कि MRI मशीन की हाई मैग्नेटिक फील्ड की वजह से रूम में किसी भी तरह की मैटेलिक चीज ले जाने पर पाबंदी होती है। यहां तक रूम में घुसने से पहले बेल्ट और अंगूठी भी उतरवा ली जाती है।

पुलिस ने दर्ज की FIR
– पुलिस ने इस मामले हॉस्पिटल के डॉक्टर सिद्धांत शाह, वॉर्डबॉय विठ्ठल चवान और लेडी वॉर्ड अटेंडेंट सुनीता सुर्वे के खिलाफ सेक्शन 304A (लापरवाही से मौत) के तहत मामला दर्ज कर लिया है।

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *